Wednesday 24 June 2015

Cycle to work (through a scheme)

Today I decided it would be an intelligent idea to cycle to work. Livingston to Edinburgh..... Google maps said 15 miles.... it lied!

17 miles (and change) a sweaty mess appeared in the office in West End of Edinburgh, feeling refreshed, alert, full of desire, and none of the above. Tired, lethargic, and ready for a nap was more what it was like.

Still, I was lapping the people on the train. It took nearly an hour and a half, I reckon by my calculations I could get 30 Min's off that time easily, given a couple of weeks at it. But it burned 1000 calories!! YES, 1000! That's like an extra meal! I'm looking forward to eating said extra meal.

Plans are once or twice a week, cycle both ways. that's a minimum of 60+ miles a week. Compared to the no exercise in 6 weeks this is a massive step forward.

Now, where are my football boots for sevens this week?.....

No comments:

Post a Comment